Stakeholder engagement campaigns • Strategic communications • Design and copywriting
A lifelong communicator, I specialize in creating and managing community-building campaigns through engaging visual and editorial content. I am interested in building stakeholder engagement and community for an organization dedicated to making a better world.
Content Marketing Manager
OpenText, Gaithersburg MD
- Create keyword-optimized copy for landing pages, promotional emails, nurture marketing drip emails, and social media outreach targeting a technical audience.
- Edit web, event, and promotional copy created in 58 locations worldwide to ensure brand voice consistency, clarity, and messaging.
- Manage content through content creation and deployment workflow in collaboration with web team, digital marketing team, creative services, and multiple reviewers.
SeaWeb Senior Program Manager/Senior Consultant
The Ocean Foundation, Washington DC
- Planned campaigns and created websites, graphics and text, e-newsletters and blasts, media releases to promote four major programs.
- As Manager of Seafood Champion Awards, increased program’s online mentions by 140% and nominations by 130% in one year.
- Led launch of highly-successful Seafood Co-Lab competition in coordination with multiple outside nonprofit collaborators.
Senior Manager, Content Development and Online Initiatives
SeaWeb, Silver Spring MD
- Planned communications campaigns and created email blasts, slideshows, video interviews, e-newsletters, and social media including media blitzes that typically raised web traffic more than 28%.
- Raised e-newsletter average click percentage by 42% and decreased unsubscribes by over 80% in one year through user-centered design and content.
SeaWeb, Silver Spring MD
- Maintained organization’s 10 flat-file websites and managed complex migration to WordPress.
- Designed, wrote or edited, coded and tracked analytics for 15 weekly and monthly e-newsletters and approximately 12 email fundraising Asks per year.
Owner and Art Director
Dog Days Communications, Washington Grove MD
- Exceeded $60+ million fundraising target goal three years in a row as Clarion-award-winning marketing designer for the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area.
- Created branding, visual, and editorial content for marketing materials for small businesses and government agencies including the National Institutes of Health and the District of Columbia.
Executive Director of Content Management
Phillips Health, Inc., Potomac MD
- Worked with design, IT, and marketing teams to launch new websites for eight physician franchises.
- Created the organization’s first Web Style Guide and implemented first web content scheduling and workflow protocols.
- Newsletter editor for Computer Sciences Corporation, onsite at NASA Eastern Regional Remote Sensing Applications Center
- Freelance travel writer and children’s book illustrator
- Bachelor of Arts University of Maryland (Art History/Studio Art)
- University of Maryland University College, Montgomery College—Multiple credit classes in communications, journalism, writing, digital media, web development, PHP programming
- Town Councilor, Town of Washington Grove Maryland (2007–2010, and 2018-present)
- Adjunct Professor, Montgomery College Germantown Maryland—Digital Art & Illustration, Digital Photography (2009–2011) and Drawing Instructor, Town of Washington Grove Maryland (2009)
- Pro-bono web developer for the Episcopal Church of the Ascension, the Town of Washington Grove, NanceMusic.com, KidneyForGail.com, and others
- Author, The Complete Great Falls Climbing Guide (2001) and publisher, Climb Maryland! (2002)